• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem with rotary...Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with rotary...Help!

Every time I use a rotary the polish dries way to quick. I don't ever get a chance to work the product in like I should be able to. Am I missing a step? Doesn't matter if I apply the polish to the pad or the painted surface....It dries after one pass and I'm left with just paint...Almost like the pad just absorbs it all. I usually have to re-apply about 3 times just to be able to work anything in.
    Thanks for any advice!!!

Re: Problem with rotary...Help!

Which product and pad are you using? Also, what rpm are you polishing at?

When starting out with a pad, it is always a good idea to prep the pad using Final Inspection.

If you are starting off with a new, unused pad, it will tend to soak up the product - just the nature of foam or wool. So, you may need to reapply product and pick it back up with the rotary.

Another thing to remember is to use the proper working area. I use a 14x14" square when rotary polishing, but some like a slightly larger area. The amount of area will also dictate the amount of product you will need to use. Since I use a slightly smaller area, I use a tad less product.
    Chris
    Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');