• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars G110v2, is this premature wear or normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars G110v2, is this premature wear or normal?

Hello All,
    Can you ascertain whether the wear depicted in the images is normal for a G110v2 polisher after only a few uses? I purchased it being listed as "like new" and stated to have only been used a couple of times.

I decided to upgrade to the MT300 and now have this G110v2 for sale. However, upon removing the backing plate I noticed the counter balance had a worn groove in it and the backing plate rivets appear worn as well. Is this normal wear for a new-like DA or is this an indication it has had quite a bit of usage?

Anyhow, if this is typical "break-in" wear than I'm ok with my listing; otherwise I may need to amend my listing to show these images.

Thanks,
    Ralph

Compression washer between the pad and machine is probably missing.

Comment

Actually, in the second picture there is no compression washer. Whithout it, you get the kind of damage seen in the first pic.

Comment

Re: Meguiars G110v2, is this premature wear or normal?

Missing compression washer. Whoever you bought it off should have either told you about it, or supplied you one.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

With all the above.

Bill

Comment

Absolutely correct. No machine should look like this. This is unfortunately what happens when the mandatory washer that sits between the backing plate and machine is missing. Basically you are grinding metal on metal causing the damage seen here. This puts way too much load on the tool.
            Brian Hann
            Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
            Meguiar's Inc.
            Irvine, California
            bhann@meguiars.com
            (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');