• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Glass scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glass scratches

Had to get a rear passenger side replacement glass for my vehicle. Got it from a junker and it is in great shape except for a long scratch (looks like it hit the track/something in the door because its perfectly straight). Can I use my DA with ULC to reduce it? My fingernail falls in slightly
    thanks

I really hope someone proves me wrong...but I did try UC on glass with a machine...nothing. I have heard some talk about cerium oxide? I think? PWMD will know the answer for sure...but I don't think you can.

Comment

Re: Glass scratches

If its scratches then you need to get some Glass polishing pads and glass polish. Car pro makes both.

I have had luck with M105 and water spots but not scratches. If you think about how hard glass is you will need specific pads and polish to remove them.
      Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
      Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
      Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

If it's that deep to feel with a fingernail I would assume there's not a whole lot to do to correct such a defect... interesting to see what others know though!
        Everybody digs a nice clean car.

Comment

You can polish the heck out if glass width Cerium Oxide.
          I like using a rotary, a DA will sling.
          With a big deep scratch you'll might not get all of it leveled but defiantly can make it better.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thanks. So I'll get some cerium oxide. I have a drill attachment that I used to restore headlights. Can I use this on the glass (I imagine it's the same as a rotary)? What type of pad would I need? It has a Velcro backing to stick sandpaper/pads to. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DetailGk View Post
              Thanks. So I'll get some cerium oxide. I have a drill attachment that I used to restore headlights. Can I use this on the glass (I imagine it's the same as a rotary)? What type of pad would I need? It has a Velcro backing to stick sandpaper/pads to. Thanks
              The drill will work but a rotary is more comfortable to use. You have to polish the glass for a long time
              Mine took hours to correct.
              Glass is hard. It's not paint.
              You also should get a "Glass Polishing Pad i think Lake Country sells them? I can't remember where I got mine, oh AutoGeek has the pads and Car Pro Glass Polish which has CO in it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
                The drill will work but a rotary is more comfortable to use. You have to polish the glass for a long time
                Mine took hours to correct.
                Glass is hard. It's not paint.
                You also should get a "Glass Polishing Pad i think Lake Country sells them? I can't remember where I got mine, oh AutoGeek has the pads and Car Pro Glass Polish which has CO in it.
                I have send nothing but bad things about the LC glass pads. The Carpro Raylon pads are great.
                Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
                Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
                Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');