• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LC backing plate with megs pads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LC backing plate with megs pads

Hi All,

I have a couple questions about backing plates and pads

can I use a meguiars 6.5 or 7 inch foam pad with a lake country 5 inch backing plate or is a megs backing plate required?

do i need to change the counter weight if I use this combo with a 7424xp?

thanks

Re: LC backing plate with megs pads

You do not need to change the counter weight. The 5" LC backing plate will work with the 6.5" Softbuff pads but it won't work as well with the 7" Softbuff 2.0 pads. If you want to stick with LC backing plates then you need to get the 6" LC BP for the 7" Softbuff 2.0 pads. But since you're going to buy a new BP anyway, then you need to get the W68DA for the 7" Softbuff 2.0 pads. This BP is a perfect fit that will allow maximum efficiency.

For more information about backing plates and how they affect polishing, you need to check this article out: Backing Plates: More Than Just A Way To Stick A Pad To A Buffer
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

interesting article I was actually planning to just buy the pads and not the backing plate but now I will have to think about it

Comment

BPs shouldn't be overlooked. If I may suggest, go ahead and buy the W68DA backing plate along with the 7" Softbuff 2.0 pads. You won't be disappointed with them.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

If you already have 5" BP, I would like to suggest 5.5" pads. I found 5.5" works better with PC for me. Please note that Softbuff 2.0 pads are also very nice. Unfortunately, Meguiars doesn't have 5.5" pads yet.
          2010 Subaru Legacy GT - Graphite Gray Metallic

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');