• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars MF pad Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars MF pad Question?

Only two pads are needed for a vehicle (MF system cutting and polishing). What is the life span of these pads. How many cars on average can I detail before I need to puchase new ones. What are the signs that I need to replace my current ones?
    -A.P.D.

Re: Meguiars MF pad Question?

I have a couple of each type that have now seen over 40 vehicles and show no sign of dying. I clean with compressed air and wash the pads in a front loader with a little Tide HE and an extra rinse.
    Jim
    My Gallery

Comment

Re: Meguiars MF pad Question?

I'd suggest having two of each pad for an average size car. Half way through the vehicle the pad gets harder to keep cleaned and fluffed, so a new one makes that portion of the job even quicker. Also, as the pad gets more concentrated with product, I'd guess there is extra wear and tear simply due to the extra weight. Unlike jfelbab, I've not seen a pad last for 40 cars! But they are very durable.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');