• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you guys think the best da polisher you can buy for a good price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think the best da polisher you can buy for a good price.

Thinking about getting one will take any thoughts or opinions thanks !

Re: What do you guys think the best da polisher you can buy for a good price.

1st choice would be Meguiars G110v2 One yr warranty------ 2nd choice Griots (life time warranty) 3rd choice Porter cable 7424 XP 1yr with 3 yr parts warranty. My opinion stay away from PC had few issues with main shaft for few months now. I had a pc got rid of it and purchased G110V2 which is great.

Comment

Like mark said, Meguiars or Griots Garage. I have the one from Griots. Works great.
      Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
      ---------
      SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

I bought the Griot Garage 3 and Griot Garage 6, and absolutely love how much more fun and easy it is to keep my cars looking great.
        I bought separate backing plates(various sizes) for both DAs...so i can use several brands of pads.
        When I was looking to buy a DA, it was neck & neck between the GG & Megs....in the end, the Megs DA was on backorder, GG had a great sale on(25%off) & free shipping.....lifetime warranty.....decision made.
        If the Megs DA goes on sale this summer at AG/ ADS/ Amazon...etc I would pick one up just cuz i want one

To the OP....you cannot go wrong with either Megs or the GG....everything i've read & heard....suggest you will be absolutely happy ...goodluck with your decision
        "STRIFE" aka Phil
        2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
        2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
        2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I used a pc for a while. hard to keep pads spinning, real loud noisy, vibrates like crazy.Since I switched to G110V2 it's a pleasure to work with. It is EVERYTHING pc is not.Cruise control is great. Once you set the speed it stays constant no matter how much pressure you put on the pad. Minimum vibration.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies I will look into both these polishers Having a hard time paying the up front cost of $150 but im sure the payoff is worth it and the time savings.

Comment

Recently bought a DA polisher myself, and was choosing between the G110v2, GG6 and the PCXP (the Flex 3401 was way out of my price range). Here are my thought about these, based on everything I've read:
              • The G110v2 is the most expensive of the three, and it's reported to also have the best build quality. It does not have as much power of the GG6, but the cruise control feature helps it keep the pads spinning. There were a number of reports of issues with power cord failure, but the latest release has supposedly solved this problem, and I've not read any other issues with this polisher.
              • The GG6 has the most power, and is not much more expensive than the PCXP; it has a lifetime warranty. There have been numerous reports of this polisher breaking down, though people have had no issues getting these defective polishers replaced. Quality control also seems a bit erratic; people who've had more than one GG6 have reported variances in noise, vibration, and power.
              • The PCXP is the least expensive of the three, but is also generally considered as the least powerful. Its cachet has always been reliability - Porter Cable is a known power tool manufacturer. In the past several months though, there have been reports on the various detailing forums of problems with the polisher, mostly relating to the shaft - either their quality has gone down, or they have a bad batch out there.
              In the end, I went with the G110v2 - primarily because of reliability. With the cord issue now fixed, the G110v2 appears to be the least problematic among the three, and that's a big deal when I'm living halfway around the world (and therefore cannot easily avail of warranty repairs); while extra power is always nice, as a hobbyist, I can afford to spend an additional half hour or so polishing.

However, my decision could easily have been different, under different circumstances. If I was living in the US, and was a hobbyist, I most likely would have gone for the GG6, as you can easily turn the polisher in for replacement under its lifetime warranty. If I was buying for a detailing business, and had the money for it, I'd go for two of the GG6s (so I have one spare in case my main one breaks down); if I can't afford that, I'd then go for the G110v2.
              Francis

Comment

Originally posted by umi000 View Post
                Recently bought a DA polisher myself, and was choosing between the G110v2, GG6 and the PCXP (the Flex 3401 was way out of my price range). Here are my thought about these, based on everything I've read:
                • The G110v2 is the most expensive of the three, and it's reported to also have the best build quality. It does not have as much power of the GG6, but the cruise control feature helps it keep the pads spinning. There were a number of reports of issues with power cord failure, but the latest release has supposedly solved this problem, and I've not read any other issues with this polisher.
                • The GG6 has the most power, and is not much more expensive than the PCXP; it has a lifetime warranty. There have been numerous reports of this polisher breaking down, though people have had no issues getting these defective polishers replaced. Quality control also seems a bit erratic; people who've had more than one GG6 have reported variances in noise, vibration, and power.
                • The PCXP is the least expensive of the three, but is also generally considered as the least powerful. Its cachet has always been reliability - Porter Cable is a known power tool manufacturer. In the past several months though, there have been reports on the various detailing forums of problems with the polisher, mostly relating to the shaft - either their quality has gone down, or they have a bad batch out there.

In the end, I went with the G110v2 - primarily because of reliability. With the cord issue now fixed, the G110v2 appears to be the least problematic among the three, and that's a big deal when I'm living halfway around the world (and therefore cannot easily avail of warranty repairs); while extra power is always nice, as a hobbyist, I can afford to spend an additional half hour or so polishing.

However, my decision could easily have been different, under different circumstances. If I was living in the US, and was a hobbyist, I most likely would have gone for the GG6, as you can easily turn the polisher in for replacement under its lifetime warranty. If I was buying for a detailing business, and had the money for it, I'd go for two of the GG6s (so I have one spare in case my main one breaks down); if I can't afford that, I'd then go for the G110v2.
                Looks like you done your homework well. I agree 100% with your findings since mine are same as yours.

Comment

Go Flex 3401 if you have extra cash /

Comment

i bought mine when it was on backorder last year. (Meq's DA) and now i have a problem with it....guess what it is . power cord failure
                    so i'ma send in in for a fix. still on warranty... couple months left

Comment

besides that issue...it's an amazing da polisher!

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');