• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do I need cleaners or conditioner for G110v2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do I need cleaners or conditioner for G110v2?

do I need cleaners or conditioner for G110v2?

Also, I will be applying swirl x, polisher, and wax, so do I just need 6.5 inch 1 foam cutting pad, finishing pad, and polishing pad? what else do I need? do I need such backing plate?

I could not find the very small pads to apply such areas like bumpers. where can I find those?

Thanks!

Re: do I need cleaners or conditioner for G110v2?

Oddly enough a poll being taken right now sort of answers part of your question:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48100

There are a lot of places both online and at brick and mortar stores to purchase what you may need. However, most likely pads and backing plates will be purchased online. Also various pad sizes are available online. To find them at a brick and mortar store you would need to look in the phonebook or Google "paint, body and equipment" stores in your or nearby towns.

Do not, repeat do not, purchase a cutting pad. It is recommended that it not be used with a dual action orbital buffer. Nearly everything you will be doing can be done with polishing and finishing pads.

Is all of this for your black car, any chance of putting up some photos showing the specific problems? Glancing at your other posts, you've washed and clay-barred already?

If you start right away without discussing it with us first, remember use the least aggressive pad and product in a TEST SPOT. Solve your problem in the easiest and most delicate method first.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Re: do I need cleaners or conditioner for G110v2?

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
      Oddly enough a poll being taken right now sort of answers part of your question:

http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48100

There are a lot of places both online and at brick and mortar stores to purchase what you may need. However, most likely pads and backing plates will be purchased online. Also various pad sizes are available online. To find them at a brick and mortar store you would need to look in the phonebook or Google "paint, body and equipment" stores in your or nearby towns.

Do not, repeat do not, purchase a cutting pad. It is recommended that it not be used with a dual action orbital buffer. Nearly everything you will be doing can be done with polishing and finishing pads.

Is all of this for your black car, any chance of putting up some photos showing the specific problems? Glancing at your other posts, you've washed and clay-barred already?

If you start right away without discussing it with us first, remember use the least aggressive pad and product in a TEST SPOT. Solve your problem in the easiest and most delicate method first.
      yea... you know what I did washed my car yesterday and I became really tired after the headlight restoration process and cleaning inside the car.
      The clay bar, swirl x, and polisher, I only applied on the front of the car and just waxed the whole car once... and thought I would need to get DA...lol

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');