• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Going to try my GG6...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going to try my GG6...

Like the title says, got my GG6 today with other items. Took like forever to get it but will give it a try this weekend.

Going to use the Ultimate Liquid Wax-G18216 on my 2007 Tacoma. I did clay it about 2 months ago but I will check the paint to see if it needs it again.

I plan on washing, claying it (if needed) and then what else after this? I have minute swirls. What are my choices? Can a polish take care of the swirls and then use my ULW?

I just hope the weather is nice and not windy...

Thanks for the help.

Re: Going to try my GG6...

try SwirlX or UC (test spot), then UP followed by UW... Remember to apply a thin coat of UW for better results, wait 24 hours to cure and then apply a second coat of UW... enjoy it!

Comment

i have the gg6 as well you'll love it
      Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Comment

Originally posted by dc2_ View Post

Comment

mines coming in tommorrow . Got the dual kit with the 6in and 3in machine. I cant wait!!!

Comment

I will suggest using the ultimate polish to refine your paint's finish and bring it to a high gloss before putting down the ultimate wax.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

thanks for the replies.

Comment

Originally posted by dc2_ View Post
                Can you use the Megs Soft Buff pads with the GG6 or do you have to get a different backing plate??
                Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
                  Can you use the Megs Soft Buff pads with the GG6 or do you have to get a different backing plate??
                  you can use griots backing plate with meg's pads. it is a snug fit but they do fit.but pick up te meg's backing plate it's a better plate

Comment

Evo,

do you have a part number?

Comment

Well,

got to try the GG6 and spent about 7.5 hrs today between washing, drying, taping, using UP and finally ULW. Looks good despite the fact that it has been >6 months since the last time I had the truck waxed.

I still have some mixed feelings about the UW...I think it might be the operator as it took quite a bit of wax to spread it on the truck. I used a Lake Country blue pad but I think is not the right one to use because it kept sucking up all the ULW.

I will give my Lake Country black pad a run tomorrow for the second coat.

Overall, I am happy with the finish and will try to keep it like so with QD between washes.

I am now off to get my towels washed and that blue pad cleaned off. How to I get all that ULW off the pad???

Comment

Originally posted by f86sabjf View Post
                        mines coming in tommorrow . Got the dual kit with the 6in and 3in machine. I cant wait!!!
                        Nice move, I now wish I have bought the dual kit since the 6.5 pad is a bit big on certain areas of my truck.

Comment

Funny how there can be small areas on big vehicles . Most people would never notice them.

I got the 3in mostly for the ability to do headlights easier . I drive a miata so everything is small .

Comment

I think having both is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post

dont use megs softbuff pads with the griots backingplate

it will tear up the back of ur pads
                              Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');