• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G110v2 orbit path

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G110v2 orbit path

I do a lot of painting and tired of hand sanding out the little orange peel (nibs etc...) in my stuff. Got some money burning in the pocket for a DA sander. I was going to go with a pneumatic but don't think my compressor can keep up with it. (60 gal with 90psi 10cfm) So looking around and found the g110 and thought that would be a great alternative. However the orbit path I need to do color sanding is 3/32 and the orbit path of the g110 is much greater (i think 3/16? or somewhere around there) What would you guys recommend? Thanks

Re: G110v2 orbit path

This link doesn't provide a direct answer to your question of a DA with the 3/32" machine stroke (orbit) but it does tell you that the G110 and others in the first chart have an orbit of 5/16".

Comment

Re: G110v2 orbit path

Originally posted by MaDeucePaint View Post
      ....the orbit path I need to do color sanding is 3/32 and the orbit path of the g110 is much greater (i think 3/16? or somewhere around there) What would you guys recommend?...
      The orbit diameter of the G110v2 is 5/16". For sanding, it works just fine.

This may be a bit of a heavy read for you in one sitting, but at least eyeball the diagrams for starters:

Lots of info to digest, but if you read it, you will know why to choose a particular stroke, or the benefit of one stroke size over another.
      Kevin Brown
      NXTti Instructor, Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, Meguiar's Distributor/Retailer

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');