• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working time for M205 with a DA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working time for M205 with a DA?

I tried an experiment with my G110v2, two yellow Meguiar's polishing pads, and some ColorX and M205, to see what kind of correction they'd give. The 205 came with the ADS special at Christmas-time, so I wanted to see if it gave me that much more correcting power than ColorX worked aggressively. The results were equal- ColorX corrected most swirls but not all. I taped down the center of the trunk, and both sides had some correction but a fair amount of swirls and RIDS still. I'm thinking I didn't work the 205 long enough. How do I know when the 205 has been worked enough?

Re: Working time for M205 with a DA?

You can work 205 for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time. When I was using 205 on my car in my avatar I did 10-12 passes on some sections and I could have buffed even longer. Remember to always buff wet andf never let the product dry but 205 has a really long work time.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I have never had a issue with a short working time with 205.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Thanks! I was concerned about buffing til it was dry, and erred on the side of caution. That confirms to me that 205 is the way to go, so I'll go ahead and get a quart of product. That sample from ADS is quite large, though!

Comment

Yeah Ive never had a hard time with 205, its one of my favorite products Another fun thing to do is experiment when working with different paint.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');