• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meg's 7006 pad and the G-100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meg's 7006 pad and the G-100

Hey all!

I was wondering how many people use this pad with their G-100 and if so what products do you use and at what speed. What type of defect do you try to remove with it and how are the results?

The only time I have used the 7006 pad with my G-100 has been on severely oxidized paints. I will use either MPPC or Clearcoat Body Scrub with the G-100 set at 6. This combo will make short work of the oxidation and bring the color back to life leaving the surface ready for polishing and waxing.

Thanks for your input!

Mike
    Last edited by 1 Clean WS6; Nov 28, 2004, 05:29 AM.
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
    Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
    ASC# 1,575
    406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

here is a little info, not to sure if it will help but try this link:

General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Re: Meg's 7006 pad and the G-100

Originally posted by 1 Clean WS6
      Hey all!

I was wondering how many people use this pad with their G-100 and if so what products do you use and at what speed.
      Just to note: Meguiar's doesn't recommend using our W-7006 foam cutting pad on the G-100 and we also don't recommend running the G-100 past the 5.0 setting with any pad or product.

The above combination is too aggressive from most people to use and get good results. The higher speed tends to be to violent and in time will loosen the Velcro backing material from the foam.

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');