• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the G110 a timesaver for waxing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the G110 a timesaver for waxing?

I am looking at buying a G110. I am only interested in saving time applying Gold Class liquid to a silver Infiniti G37. I realize there will be a learning curve, but once experienced in its usage will using the G110 be quicker than waxing by hand.

P.S. Because I have never seen a comment about using the G110 to remove/buff the just applied wax, I assume the wax still needs to be removed/buffed by hand. Thanks.

Re: Is the G110 a timesaver for waxing?

Applying wax my machine is faster and it does a better job than your 4 fingers pushing down on a wax applicator pad.

It physically does a better job of spreading and working the wax over the paint.

It lays down a more even layer of wax that will dry faster and wipe off easier. For the money you'll never regret it.

As for removing dried wax, simply get a stiff foam pad like our W-7006 foam cutting pad and place a microfiber bonnet over this pad and set your polisher on the 5.0 speed setting and it will work great for removing dried wax.

You'll be doing this...
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

You will be amazed at the difference. It will take your cars finish up a few notches.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Definitely faster, and well worth the investment. Plus, you can work out defects using something like Speed Glaze, which is an excellent product.

Comment

I can wash, and wax my small car start to finish in about an hour by using a machine to apply the wax.

It's an awesome time saver...

Comment

Definitely a time saver and like Mike said it does a better job than your 4 fingers pushing down on a wax applicator pad. It will allow you to work in the product really well and apply a thin layer. I also really like it for removal of wax and sealants.

Comment

I used to have troubles putting down a thin layer of wax before I got mine and it would take me forever to get the clumped up dried wax off. Now the G110 makes it go on nicely and it always a breeze to wipe off the excess once it dries.

Comment

I detailed my F-150 4x4 w/cap yesterday and used my g-100 to apply #21 to the entire truck in about 25 minutes. I Applied #26 to the wifes expedition about 2 months ago by hand and it took almost 1 hour to fully,evenly,and thinly aplly it. It is a real time saver especially when detailing large vehicles.

Andrew
                2013 Race Red F-150 SCREW

Comment

One thing to think about is how much taping you have to do. My MINI has a lot of black plastic and rubber. I always have to tape, but if waxing by hand I don't have to tape as much. So for me, waxing by hand is faster. Now if I am doing the whole major cleanup where I am using M80 before hand, obviously I have to tape for that so I don't wax by hand after since all the tape is in place anyway.

Obviously the machine does a better job, but since you asked about saving time, consider the taping aspect and how it may effect your overall time spent.

Comment

Originally posted by rqk View Post
                    One thing to think about is how much taping you have to do. My MINI has a lot of black plastic and rubber. I always have to tape, but if waxing by hand I don't have to tape as much. So for me, waxing by hand is faster. Now if I am doing the whole major cleanup where I am using M80 before hand, obviously I have to tape for that so I don't wax by hand after since all the tape is in place anyway.

Obviously the machine does a better job, but since you asked about saving time, consider the taping aspect and how it may effect your overall time spent.
                    Hi, newbie here. You could just do the spots by hand where you normally would use masking tape, and then the G110 for the remainder. That would be the fastest, correct?

Comment

Well there are spots that are kind of tight and at times you might get a little splatter, so I don't think doing some spots by hand instead of taping is an option. It really depends on the car you have and how much you have to tape. I think the MINI is fairly extreme in its use of black plastic. On the other hand I think almost all cars have rubber somewhere around windows that you'd want to keep wax away from.

Comment

Originally posted by rqk View Post

Same here. When I read about it taking people close to an hour to wax by hand I just don't see how. One thing that helps me is I don't use the little circular four finger foam applicators, I use a very soft foam applicator which is about 5 inches long, about 3-4 inches wide and about 2-3 inches thick. With that in my right and and the bottle of sealant in my left hand, I can put down a very thin coat of sealant in about 10 minutes

I never need to drag a cord around, I don't have to turn off the orbital, reach for my bottle of sealant, put the bottle down, put the orbital back on the paint, turn it back on, and repeat several times. To me, it is much easier and much quicker to manuever a foam pad which weighs a few ounces than a machine that weighs a few pounds and I have to be careful about its cord.

Comment

I've found that waxing w/ the G110 takes more time than by hand...because I'm always doing multiple steps now

I'd bet that most PC/G110 users quickly move from using the machine for the purpose of wax application quickly move to using it for paint cleaning and defect removal, it's just that good of a tool.
                          1999 Ford Contour SVT
                          Silver Frost/Midnite Blue
                          1966/2760

Comment

It really depends on the size of the vehicle ie. how many sq. ft. you have to cover w/ wax, doesn't it? Try waxng a full size crew cab pickup or a Suburban by hand and you'll see what I mean. Time savings w/ machine is at least 50%!
                            I saw it on the Internet...it must be true!

Comment

Originally posted by ShinyChevy View Post
                              It really depends on the size of the vehicle ie. how many sq. ft. you have to cover w/ wax, doesn't it? Try waxng a full size crew cab pickup or a Suburban by hand and you'll see what I mean. Time savings w/ machine is at least 50%!
                              If if I were waxing or sealing a large RV Coach or a bus, I would probably use a machine but a Surburban or other SUV, I would use the rather large foam applicator I use and have a very thin layer down in 20 minutes. You wouldn't believe how quickly you can knock out a panel with these things.

Now I will qaulify my comment and say if I was using a cleaner wax, I would absolutely use a machine due to the machine's ability to scrub better. If I were using an AIO that had tiny abrasives in them, I would absolutely use the machine.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');