• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the G100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the G100

I used the G100 for a the first time on the hood of my Subie. First washed, clayed, #80, and then NXT wax.

I was always running it at speed 3 initially to spread the #80 or NXt around so it didn't splatter. I found that it vibrated a lot at that speed and it was pretty uncomfortable to handle. Speed 5 was used once it was spread out a bit and that smoothed out nicely.

I was using the 8006 & 9006 pads and tried very hard to center them on the backing plate.

Any words of wisdom or do I have a bum G100?
    It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Re: New to the G100

Well, considering that it is occilating many thousands of times per minute, vibration should be expected. I seriously doubt you have a bum G-100.
    A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Comment

Re: New to the G100

Mine always vibrates a bit more at the lower speeds than it does at the higher speeds. ( 3 vs. 5) It's not a huge difference, but what your describing sounds ok.
      Happy Corvetting

1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye project car in the works...

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');