• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extractor recommendations needed badly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extractor recommendations needed badly

I desperately need an extractor for auto interior cleaning. I am not a professional. I would like to keep the cost under $300 if possible. I have looked at the Bissell site at some of their machines and now I am more confused that ever. They have too many models that all look alike and have similar features. Can anyone recommend an extractor Bissell or otherwise.

Re: Extractor recommendations needed badly

After doing a little more research I am leaning towards a Bissell 3624 for $129 on Amazon. It does not have heat. Don't know if that is really necessary. Anyone own one of these? I am open to any brand.

Any upholstery cleaning tips are also welcome.

Comment

Look at chemical guys. They have small heated extractors.

Comment

I have a Bissel pro heat. It works well. A bit disappointing on the amount of suction and capacity. Those two issues are easy to work around, but the short hose is what really makes me want a nice carpet spotter.

Comment

Jarhead,

Thanks for the information. I'm afraid they Chemical Guys extractors are just too expensive. They look good. I just can't spend that kind of money.

Comment

They used to have one around $350. I didn't look before I posted to see if it was still there. But do a search on the net for heated carpet extractors and u will see some in the price range u want. Also I highly recommend u get a heated one vs non heated. It's worth having a heated one as it cleans so much better.

Comment

There must be some other extractors out there besides Bissell that cost less than $500. The Bissell 3624 for $129 on Amazon is my leading choice right now but I wish I could find something a little more heavy-duty. I don't need a pro model. It won't be used everyday but I do wish I could find one that was less plastic and more up to some heavier-than-household usage.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Dave View Post
                There must be some other extractors out there besides Bissell that cost less than $500. The Bissell 3624 for $129 on Amazon is my leading choice right now but I wish I could find something a little more heavy-duty. I don't need a pro model. It won't be used everyday but I do wish I could find one that was less plastic and more up to some heavier-than-household usage.
                I have found a couple carpet spotters in the $400 range without heat. And lowest I have seen with heat is $650.

Comment

One difference between the Pro models and the cheaper ones is the amount of lift or suction they deliver....which has a lot to do with how well it will extract from the carpets. I think for the price range you are looking at, you may be disappointed in the performance. I have been wanting an extractor for years, but spending 600+ dollars is not been a high priority for me either. I have one of the Bissell units and I have not been real happy with how it works. It works OK, but just OK.

Maybe you might get lucky and someone from MOL who has a Bissell extractor might let you try it out...or see if you can rent one and test it.
                  -Bob
                  NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');