• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windshield Chip Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield Chip Repair

Nothing worse than driving slowly along a country road to avoid stone chips, when someone in a "beater" comes along in the opposite way doing 90 and flings a stone into your windshield. As a result I have a nice chip which looks like it will produce a crack anytime now. Glass shop wants $80 to fix the chip however for $7 Pitstop makes a "Do It Yourself" product. Anyone try this or have another product to recommend? Thanks.

Re: Windshield Chip Repair

I have successfully used a product like this a 3 or 4 times in the last 10 years. As long as the damage is just a chip with no long crack running out of it, it has always worked for me. I have gotten my product from O'Reilly's Auto Parts store.

Comment

Thanks. Will give it try.

Comment

I've used Fix-a-windshield successfully. They are the same people who make Fix-a-flat. Good product and easy to use. I recommend it.
        Marc
        First Impressions Detailing
        2019 Audi S5 Sportback - Riviera Blue
        2018 Audi RS5 - Glacier White Metallic

Comment

If you have full-coverage insurance, I think they will pay for those types of repairs. The logic being that they would rather pay for a fix than a replacement. Might be worth it to check out, depending on if a deductible applies. HTH - by the way, can you post some DIY pics?? I've always been interested in seeing how those products work. Cheers
          Composers shouldn't think too much, it interferes with their plagiarism. -- Howard Dietz

Comment

Originally posted by fullbirdmusic View Post
            I HTH - by the way, can you post some DIY pics?? I've always been interested in seeing how those products work. Cheers
            I have not repaired mine yet, but you can watch a video here.

Comment

Yeah, some insurance companies will just send Safe Lite auto glass or a similar one out to your house, and it is zero charge on the basis as said above it could prevent an entire windshield from being replaced later.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');