• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

getting irritated!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• getting irritated!!

been planning on cleaning the carpet and cloth seats in the saturn as they are dirty, i could not find the meguiars heavy duty carpet and apholstery cleaner anywhere around here, so i used castrol super clean and oxy clean as ive heard these both work well, so i squirted the super clean onto the carpet and brushed it in with a brush, then soaked a towel in oxyclean and then wringed it out till almost dry and wiped the carpet over and over until almost dry, well, it helped a little and it seemed like it loosened the dirt up but how do you actually get the dirt up out of the carpet? it just seemed to smear the dirt in instead of actually pulling it up out of the carpet, i worked hard on this today and am not happy with the results as ive seen most peoples turn out great compared to mine, i even tried a shop vac and that didnt pull the dirt out, what do i do? I want to do this myself so i can learn to detail.
    thanks!

Did you try to a brush on the carpet. You can get a brush that has soft brissel's on it. You can get one from Autozone or any auto part's store.

Comment

yup, used a brush, as i said, it loosened all the dirt up, just smeared it around though mostly, need to actually pull it up out of the carpet though.?

Comment

If you have loosened the grime up with a cleaner and a brush, I'd use a wet/dry shop vac to extract the dirt and moisture. Rinse with clean water and extract again. Using the vac, try to get as much moisture out as possible. Repeat this process until clean.

For extra dirty carpets and upholstery I like Meguiar's EXTRA.

Once the carpeting is completely dry, vac and brush again.
        Jim
        My Gallery

Comment

Hey,

I would use Meguiar's new All Purpose Cleaner D-101 with a 6:1 dilution ratio. Spray the APC on the carpet and brush thoroughly. Then spray a little more APC on the area, wait a minute and then use the Shop Vac to vacuum up the dirt. Be careful not to soak the carpet.

If this does not do it, then you will need to find someone with a carpet extractor.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Tim
          Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

I agree with jfelbab that Meguiar's EXTRA works well on stains. It took deep dirt out of the seats of my Saturn.

Comment

heck, i cant find any of meguiars interior cleaners around here..

Comment

I have a Mercedes Benz CLK320 with a very light grey interior, the color is called Oyster.

When I started to detail the car the carpet was almost black. I used the "Little Green Machine" from Bissel to clean the carpets. The suction tool is small enough to get into small places but the main thing that makes it work so well is that is ***** out the dirt. When I finished cleaning the carpets the waste water was BLACK!
                For spots that do not come out you may have to go over a couple of more times.
                Ed

Comment

I use the garden hose and lightly spray the area of carpet I'm about to clean (just enough to get the fabric mildly damp). Then I spray the cleaner onto the carpet (not too heavy through, you don't want tons o' suds).

Then I take my brush and scrub back and forth, left & right, in circles etc to make sure I've gotten everywhere from multiple angles. Then without adding any rinse water, I use my bissel to extract as much water/dirt/cleaner as possible. 15 minutes per section of floor is about how long it takes me. THEN I take a 3 gallon garden sprayer w/water and about 3 oz of fabric softener, wet the carpets and extract again. Continue until the water being pulled out of the fabric is clear
                  Don
                  12/27/2015
                  "Darth Camaro"
                  2013 Camaro ... triple black
                  323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

Comment

Originally posted by mopower440
                    heck, i cant find any of meguiars interior cleaners around here..

All Meguiars products are as close as your key board.
                    Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Originally posted by Superior Shine
                      All Meguiars products are as close as your key board.
                      Great point SS!

The full product line is available at your fingertips!

Even easier, if you're weary about on-line ordering (as I know some still are...), simply give customer service a call at 1-800-347-5700 and they can take you through the order process with a credit card payment.

RP
                      -The Final Detail-
                      Lagrange, Kentucky
                      thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
                      CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');