• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing wax from headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing wax from headlights

I am wondering the best way to remove wax from my headlights. I assume that what is on them is wax because I first noticed it after I took my car to a wash-by-hand place that did a shoddy job when they waxed it. I was able to get the wax off the rubber parts, but not off the headlights. Is PlastX an appropriate product to try?

I've also seen info on #17 and #10 (clear plastic cleaner and polish). What's the difference between those products and PlastX? From the reviews I've seen they're all great products, but none of the descriptions addressed wax specifically.

The plasticX should do it, its got slight abrasives that will probably just eat the wax off and polish the plastic. Ive used it to get wax off my tail light before, came out great.
    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

I have used both the pro system and PlastX I prefer the plastX I found it easier to use and applies and removes with ease and its cheaper! Even on new plastic, PlastX will make it look better!

Here I used PlastX on half of this clear plastic and you can see it is some good stuff... removed all the yellowing. It wasn't perfect but the plastic had been out in the sun for many years.
      Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
      Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');