• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad Smell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Smell

I recently detailed on of my car's engines very nively. I didn't drive it for a couple weeks, but wheni did, it started to smell very bad. I think it was the hyper dressing on the metal parts that got hot and started to smell. It made my whole garage smell bad and i can't get rid of the smell. Has anyone else had this problem?
    1988 Toyota Tercel 1.5l I4 - AKA the BEAST
    1994 BMW 325CI
    2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
    SR Detailing

Re: Bad Smell

Ooooh.. the dressings arent really for metal....
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Did you wipe it down after you sprayed it?
      "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

there all wrong..........see if you dont run engine after you powerwash, and boil off all those lil water pockets... that bio-degradable engine cleaner your using is growing yeast. If the cess in the cracks and crevaces is sucked up by your phlenum,(heating A/C system,) man its gonna smell like a bad date. White dressing smells like sour milk...we NEVER use white dressing under the hood. ( white dressing/armourall is water based,molds/not good around electrics.) Blue (or) Clear SOLVENT based dressing is what U use under the hood sir, but run the engine after powerwash/ or take a comressed air blower to engine compartment. Then you can dress..but NEVER with WHITE dressing. Water+electric never a good mix.
        limowill

Comment

ohh and Murr1525, a quality professoinal dressing like "total look" is the industry standard for dressing up the engine compartment. most detailers refer to total look as "TOTALER", as it will dress anything you put it on. Heck..it will even make a chalk red car shine if applied carefully....
          "White" dressing (armourall ) never belongs in the engine compartment. Water and high voltage electric's are never a good idea.
          limo will

Comment

Originally posted by limowill View Post
            ohh and Murr1525, a quality professoinal dressing like "total look" is the industry standard for dressing up the engine compartment. most detailers refer to total look as "TOTALER", as it will dress anything you put it on. Heck..it will even make a chalk red car shine if applied carefully....
            "White" dressing (armourall ) never belongs in the engine compartment. Water and high voltage electric's are never a good idea.
            limo will

It's appears you know a thing or two about detailing, too bad you can't participate by following the forum rules and having good manners.
            We run a family friendly forum here and we don't want members that are rude to our other members whether they're right or wrong.
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');