• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drip mats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drip mats?

I saw some drip mats advertised somewhere, but they were like $900 and I am not going to spend that much. Also, they appeared to be like VERY shallow kids swimming pools. I don't think they would be very easy for one person to move either.
    What I was wondering if anyone makes anything like a BIG paper towel that you could put under the car when doing engines. Something industrial grade Bounty that you could just wad up when through and toss it in the trash.

Re: Drip mats?

Maybe plastic sheeting like found in a paint store?

Comment

Commercial spill mats end up heavy and awkward because of the abuse they have to take on a regular basis. For one-time home use you could use plastic sheeting and build up some kind of berm around it, then just chuck it when you're done. You would need a way to pump the water out.

They do make heavy duty absorbent pads but it's not like they'll catch everything if you aim a fire hose at them and let loose. If you can keep the runoff down to a minimum it might work. They aren't exactly cheap like paper towels either. Try newpig.com to get a feel for what they're about.

PC.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

Comment

Consider buying "wee-wee" pads used for dogs to pee on. Sounds like a crazy idea, but they are very absorbent and not that expensive. Should be able to find them at pet stores.
          Art Layton
          2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');