• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can All Purpose Cleaner be sprayed into the engine bay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can All Purpose Cleaner be sprayed into the engine bay?

Hi,

Just wondering can I spray Meguairs APC into the engine bay? Which part inside the engine bay I shouldnt spray onto?

Do I have to rinse with water once I have applied the APC?

My engine is not really dirty. It just too dusty around the hose and other parts.

I had tried using Natural Shine to clean the hose areas and the other plastic parts but it is not really clean and shine.

Did I do the right thing?
    Is there any other things I should do before applying the Natural Shine?

Thanks.

just watch mainly the alternator, distributor and fuse box stuff. I personally never have any troubles even if these get wet. Yes you want to rinse the APC off. Before you do, use a small rag or a brush and get all those stubborn areas and you have a finished look that really shines! Let engine completely dry before dressing for best results.
    Welcome to MOL!!!

Good Luck!!
    http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/546...mallgz2.th.jpg

Comment

I'm not really a fan of spraying anything directly into the engine compartment. There's just too many electronic type connections, sensors, etc. under the hood now-a-days. I would much rather just spray a cloth and then attempt to clean specific areas.
      FRANK CANNA
      Mirror Finish Detailing
      23rd Year 1986-2009

Comment

i use safe degreaser as it less harsh..i dont want the paint under the hood to be treated to anything to harsh...before you spray the degreaser either mask off adjacent body panels and windshield or better yet spray with water and keep rinsing. this will keep the degreaser from doing to much damage. i tend to degrease cold engines only. alot of people like to use a warm engine because the grime/dirt is either to clean, but i tend clean the motor cold. then scrub with diffrent brushes (boars head) as not to damage any surfaces.. then i rinse, then blow dry with compressed air..thendress all rubber hose/surfaces with 303 then spray entire motor with hyper dressing

Comment

Re: Can All Purpose Cleaner be sprayed into the engine bay?

Originally posted by jchetty View Post
          i use safe degreaser as it less harsh..
          Safe D-Greaser is less harsh than APC?

I have to think just the opposite. Can anybody confirm?
          It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

*** Bump ***

Comment

i believe APC is less aggressive, and not to mention it's very useful in many different situations (carpet, interior, tires/wells, etc)...

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
                i believe APC is less aggressive, and not to mention it's very useful in many different situations (carpet, interior, tires/wells, etc)...
                yeah that's what i say too. but sometimes information floats around like a leaf in the wind and you just want to sure people and yourself are getting the right stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TrufflePig View Post
                  yeah that's what i say too. but sometimes information floats around like a leaf in the wind and you just want to sure people and yourself are getting the right stuff.
                  truer words have not been spoken.
                  quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
                    Most aggressive start from Super Degreaser, than follow my Safe Degreaser

Least aggressive is APC

I would prefer use APC since it just love it. Dilution 10:1 if want stronger 4:1

Same goes to SuperD and SafeD

Comment

Any DIY for engine detail? What to spray, what products, what not to spray and etc.

Comment

There are a lot of posts in the forum you posted the question in.

Have a look around. Lots of pictures and details too.
                        It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

I use it all the time. I dress the entire engine with Water Based Dressing.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');