• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shampoo for carpet machine.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shampoo for carpet machine.

I work at a GM dealership and we shampoo alot of carpets we have a Ninja 150 machine. you add carpet shampoo to the water tank and the water/carpet cleaner mixture comes out the nozzle. Do you know if meguiars makes a product that I can add to the water and has a nice scent?

Re: Shampoo for carpet machine.

Originally posted by Sager09
    I work at a GM dealership and we shampoo alot of carpets we have a Ninja 150 machine. you add carpet shampoo to the water tank and the water/carpet cleaner mixture comes out the nozzle. Do you know if meguiars makes a product that I can add to the water and has a nice scent?
    This might work for you....

Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner is ideal for reconditioning all interior surfaces. The superior foaming action gently lifts the dirt away while its unique blend of fabric softeners and optical brighteners enhance the look and feel of carpet, upholstery, vinyl and even leather
    r. b.

Comment

We don't run anything through our carpet extractor but ultra pure water.

To clean carpets we spray a mixture of water and APC (10:1) on the carpet. We then scrub it after a dwell time. Then we extract the carpet with 200 degree pure water from the extractor.

We do it this way so that the last product to touch the carpet is clean hot water and no residue is left in the fibers.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

The Meg's APC would foam way to much. You need a low foaming shampoo made for carpet extractors.

Comment

Foam is something you don't want in an extractor. I use PRO Extract Power. When I extract, I don't use anything but that. I use it full strength as a pre-spotter and diluted in the machine. You can add scent to it if you don't like it's smell. This is the only non Meguiars product I use when detailing and it's just because they don't make anything for extractors.

Comment

The proper process for cleaning carpets, according to the Carpet Cleaning Institute is as follows:

Because 85% of the soil in carpets is dry soil you need to thoroughly vacuum, it even helps to brush the carpet fibers to bring up the dry soil deep in fibers.

The remaining 15% is oily soil. So after vacuuming you check for stains and spots and treat with appropriate stain removers and hand remove carefully so as to not spread the stain.

Then pre-spray the carpet with a carpet shampoo to emulsify the oily soil. Leave for a few minutes. Then scrub with a Rotary Shampooer or Scrub Brush

Then you would use the heated soil extractor to rinse out the shampoo and dirt residue that is left in the carpets.

You do have a choice to use:

a. Hot plain water or,

b. Hot water that has a non-foaming extractor shampoo in it.
            This shampoo will not foam and is a 64 to 1 dilution. However
            it does help to "rinse clean" vs plain water.

If the carpets are not too dirty you can vacuum; spot; pre spray and then use a heated extractor to clean skipping the friction shampooing step.

NEVER, NEVER use the extractor nozzle as a brush rubbing it back and forth trying to scrub out stains. This is not what an extractor is designed for an simply gets the carpet too wet. Just use it to rinse clean or to clean a not dirty carpet.

Hope that helps

Bud Abraham
            DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');