• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Started - Advice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Started - Advice!

i just gotta a car wash in downtown montreal, canada... its been 3 months now and the customers are happy with the work when it comes to washing and cleaning there cars... so far the say we are the best they ever been too... i do get a number of customers per day, on average of 25-45.

i offer the regular wash that you find at all car washes, int/ext - spray wax - armor all

i also offer detailing service like leather treatment, claying, polishing, compound, wax, chrome polish, engine shampoo, interior shampoo, wheel detailing...

i get a few detailing jobs but would rather have more...

1.my questions to the professionals are how can i get more customers to detail there car?
    2.What other services can i offer either in the regular wash or detailing service?

thx for any advices and by the way i only use Meguiar's product...

Re: Getting Started - Advice!

1) Get your name out there. Advertise in papers, set up signs, etc.

2) A basic package would be good like the applicaton of cleaner/wax like M66. For daily drivers that should attract quite a few people. I'm sure a lot of other people have other ideas.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn T. View Post
      1) Get your name out there. Advertise in papers, set up signs, etc.

2) A basic package would be good like the applicaton of cleaner/wax like M66. For daily drivers that should attract quite a few people. I'm sure a lot of other people have other ideas.
      advertising is the best way to get my name out there... and the m66 is a good way to get the work done quicker... how would the m66 be applied to i have to let it dry?

Comment

It is a relatively strong cleaner/wax with the about same defect removal ability as M80 Speed Glaze. You can apply it by hand (I have been told not the best way as you won't get the most out of the product), by DA or by rotary. Either DA or rotary will give great results. You do have to let it dry.

Find some write-ups by Tuck91 as he used M66 all the time and you can see the correction and shine it gives. It's quite impressive.
        Tedrow's Detailing
        845-642-1698
        Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

i looked up the m66 and i think it can be a good addition and time saving to my tools... im looking also to get the g110v2 for polishing and waxing... right now i have the rotary dewalt polisher and its a killer when i have to polish a complete car...

i need some new chamois but dont know what to get.. i dont like the synthetic ones they dont absorb well and are difficult to work with... i was thinking of getting the air wand (similar to a leaf blower but with a special connection)... any ideas on that

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');