• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First detail job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First detail job!

I first want to start off by thanking everyone on this site for posting such great info on how to start a mobile detailing business. My skills have grown so much from this site.

So this customer who complemented the work I did on my own car asked if I could wash and wax is car. I said "sure but may I suggest you let me clay bar your car so I can get the contaminants out of your paint and bring out a better shine?" He said "no, I dont want to pay to much for this wash"..I tried to convince him to allow me to do it and inform him how it will help him. Again he denied. So I am going to wash and wax, dress the tires, and do interior for 60 bucks (prolly underpriced).

My question is should I just clay bar his car for him and not charge him or just do what the costumer wants.

Thanks for any input

Re: First detail job!

I'd probably do what you are paid for.

Though I'd consider using a cleaner/wax, not just a wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Okay thanks thats a good suggestion. Ill post pics when I am done with it this Saturday. Thanks again.

Oh and should I top Meguiar's Cleaner Wax with anything?

Comment

I mean, you can.... but you arent getting paid to.

Its tough starting off, because you want your best work out there, but cant go doing things you arent paid for. Then everyone he suggests you to will want a wash, clay, 2 coats of wax, interior, etc, etc for 60 bucks....

Comment

Don't do anything the client doesn't want done. Always respect your client's wishes, or they may not call on you again. Most folks don't like to have their decisions overruled, and even though your generosity would benefit your customer, it will also place a subconcious marker in his mind that you don't listen to instructions.

Instead ask the client to let you clay a small test panel on a horizontal surface and then let him feel the difference. Chances are he will green light you to clay the rest of the car.

Comment

and then after you show he/she what the clay bar does and he/she becomes amazed and wants that done too, you can mention that it will cost them a little more
            Addicted

Comment

I would just do what the customer asked for. When finished, let him feel your car. That will show him the benefits of claying.
              quality creates its own demand

Comment

You may even try ColorX instead of the regular Cleaner Wax.

Comment

Ive never tried Colorx. Ive always used Cleaner Wax and I really like the outcome. Do you think topping Cleaner Wax with NTX 2.0 wax would be a good idea or is Cleaner Wax enough?

Comment

On most average customers cars, a stronger cleaner/wax like ColorX can only help.

As far as topping it, again, you arent being paid to do it, so its up to you.

Comment

I will go out and get some ColorX and do a test spot to see what I like on his car. I hope it comes out good without claying it. Oh well he gets what he pays for I guess. Thanks for the comments guys

Comment

ColorX is like a "better" version on Cleaner Wax. It's the next step up in the cleaner waxes.

Comment

You always wanna give exceptional service, but you do what the customer is paying for. You dont short change yourself and you give them exactly what they asked for. Some people get upset if you dont just do what they ask even if it is beneficial.
                          Sort out what you feel is acceptable pay to you for whatever services you will provide.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');