• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low-pressure, "eco friendly" systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low-pressure, "eco friendly" systems

I began detailing cars my first summer out of college in mid 2005. The laws and restrictions on detailers in California were just starting to gain steam. Although I am a bit overwhelmed with all the regulations that have been put in place, I still believe there is some benefit to it.

I have recenlty ran into a few friends and fellow detailers that are using this "low-pressure" systems. I have heard rumors that these systems can use as little as 1/4 gallon per car to up to 5 gallons per car (which is still minimal). I think I understand the concept of it...a light mix of water and quick detailer solution is sprayed on the car and the dirt/dust is lightly wiped off and then polished with a seperate, clean cloth.

I am looking to get back into detailing cars and was wondering if any detailers on here have been using any such system? How does it work? What are the downfalls if any? How do clients respond when you tell them you are washing their car without water?

My main concern would be on heavily soiled cars. How can your remove all the dirt and grime without damaging the paint with light scratches?

Thanks in advance!

Adam
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');