• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does This Seem To Be Too Much For Garage Keepers Insurance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does This Seem To Be Too Much For Garage Keepers Insurance?

Got a quote of $1,132 per year.

Basic breakdown is:

General Aggregate $2,000,000 Limit
    Products and Completed Operations Aggregate $2,000,000 Limit
    Each Occurrence $1,000,000 Limit
    Personal Injury and Advertising Injury $1,000,000 Limit

Garagekeepers:
    Comprehensive $250 deductible. $75,000 limit
    Collision $500 deductible. $75,000 limit

Too much money per year?

Re: Does This Seem To Be Too Much For Garage Keepers Insurance?

Originally posted by 10degreesbtdc View Post
    I don't know if you should or not. Depends on many factors and your risk comfort level. Personally I am both . Liability and garage keepers policy for $1,397 per year. $100,000.00 coverage.

Seems like that is around average.

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Do you really need $75,000 in coverage? Your damage to a car won't result in you having to replace the whole car, just maybe a repaint. I received a quote in the $900/year range because of lower coverage.

Comment

I think in the situations with the higher coverage it is assumed by the insurance company that the worst can happen. What if the car was in your garage over night, something happened like a storm or fire and the car was completely lost..they always try and assume the worst, because you would hate for the owner to be able to come after your paycheck or home to cover damage issues...
          Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Most corporate offices require a milion dollar policy to do any type of service on their property, so keep that in mind.

Comment

Oh yeah, mine is only 45 a month, little over 5 a year through state farm. Seems pretty cheap to me.

Comment

I have received quotes ranging from $800 all the way up to $2000 so it depends what agency and where you are from. Anything around $1000 is about right I would assume.
                gainesvilledetailing.com is my blog about anything and everything automotive as well as the web since both are my passion.

Comment

But remember that the added insurance brings in more customers as they feel safer using you
                  Newb!

Comment

I had lower coverage once. A guy calls me up one day and wants to know about the exotics that I detail. He says he has seen a number of them on my web-site.

Of course I think he is a potential client and share with him all the nice cars I get to work on.

Long story short he was from the insurance company. They gave me 30 days notice that they were cutting me off. I now carry insurance similar to what you posted for about the same price. It still isn't high enough to cover some of the cars I work on if I had to replace the entire car. Like what was stated earlier it would be pretty rare to have to replace the whole car.

Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');