• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insurance & Liability?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance & Liability?

Do you guys have any insurance with your customers, or do you say your not responsible for any damage done to the car, or do they sign a waver?

Just wondering, I am having my First customer Next weekend.
    Matt

Re: Insurance & Liability?

I checked once on insurance under my home owners policy. The price wasn't that much at all. It was last summer so I don't remember what the price was.

As for right now I do it without insurance. However I also only detail for people I know.

Edit: Checked out your website. Looks good!
    Scott

Comment

Hey thanks for checking out my website
      Matt

Comment

I do not have insurance, nor am I a certified business, but as with Scott, right now it is only people I know, and to my knowledge they do not care.
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

I am in the exact same case as you carFire. Do you think I should just stick with people I know then?
          Matt

Comment

This guy has a 2009 Nissan Murano. He seems REALLY picky. He is talking about scratches, like ones you would find from a shopping cart at a parking lot But then he talks about a Very, Very small dent on the front bumper, and then he went on a about an extremely small crack in the windshield. Ahh, whatever lol
            Matt

Comment

My Neighbor is crazy about his BMW and all of his cars.
              His girl's would make a tiny dent and they would not be able to drive for a month and be ground for a month.
              I was lucky enough to detail it, and he wanted me to drive it by myself for 20 minutes.
              I did not accept, but my parents were shocked because he is so crazy about his cars.
              Sometimes I think he likes me so much because he wishes he could have had a boy, and a boy like me. (Sorry if it sound cocky)
              Anyways, I think after seeing the work you do you should be fine.
              I am going to accept cars from people I do not know, but I figure the only way I am going to get people I do not know is from recommendations from the people I know.
              My Neighbor asked if I wanted him to tell his friends, because they want their cars washed too.
              I just can not justify the cost at this moment, and plus I do not have that many customers. The money for insurance and a business license may not be that much, but I would rather be prepared with products than what seems like pointless bills and pieces of paper. (Sorry if it sounds ignorant, but I just do not have the money, my parents were nice enough to loan me $250, for concentrates. I think eventually I will get a license and insurance but not now)
              Joel
              Firefighter/EMT-B
              '99 F-150

Comment

I use the Meguiars check in sheets & make down all the damage or scratches i see with the customer then they sign it. In also have insurance which runs me $1500 per year. Hope this helps.

Comment

Where did you find those?
                  Joel
                  Firefighter/EMT-B
                  '99 F-150

Comment

My local auto body store & you can get them from ADS just ask for them. If not i may be able to help you get some.

Comment

Thanks!! (Are they Free?)
                      Joel
                      Firefighter/EMT-B
                      '99 F-150

Comment

Yes they are ask ADS you may have to be part of he detailers program. I can get them from my store & they are free.

Comment

You are really running a risk by detailing without any liability insurance. It is one thing to clean up a buddy's car on the weekend. It's a whole other animal when you begin to detail for an actual client base...even if its a recommendation from a friend. And if you think about it...that could be even worse! What if you were to damage a vehicle you are working on, that customer is going to come back on you expecting payment to fix the damage (which could be thousands depending upon vehicle make and damage done). In addition, it is going to leave a bad taste in the mouth of the person that referred you. Bad press spreads like wild fire!

Liability Ins. is not that expensive. It starts to get expensive when you begin to add Garage Ins. and Garage Keepers Ins. But as long as you don't drive the vehicle or store it, you shouldn't need these types of ins. I think my $1,000,000 liability policy runs me about $400-$500 a year. Minimal expense for a professional company, and will give you and your clients piece of mind.
                          Matt Williams
                          Silver Lining Detail
                          http://www.silverliningdetail.com

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');