• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schools?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schools?

I wasn't sure which section to post this in. Anyway has anyone here have any experience with these two schools for detailing and running a business.

-The Total Pros
    -Detail King

Judging by their websites they seem like great places. Each offer a two-day training on detailing and starting a business. The Total Pros looks like they use all meguairs products. Only downside is they are located in California, whereas Detail King is in Pittsburgh. I am in Cincinnati Ohio. I would like to attend one. I think it would be a huge benefit for me. Any information about these places are greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Re: Schools?

I have actually talked to some of the guys from Detail King. I didn't take the course, but they seem pretty knowledgable. The main thing I think you should try to get out of a course like that depending on your experience is how to run and maintain your business. Although they do have the hands on training, such as rotary use. Although it may break your heart that they aren't using Meguiars products, learn how to use the rotary and then apply what you learned when you complete the course and use Meguiars products.

Make sense?

Andy M.
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

In your area look at Valugard. Check out there web site. I don't thick i can post it hear yet. Or PM me

Comment

While I'm a huge Meguiar's fan...
        You have an outstanding chemical supplier right there in Cincy...
        Automotive International.
        Their 'Prep Excellence' class is outstanding, and quite affordable.
        Learn the fundamentals there - you can certainly still use Meguiar's products.

Also, consider working in an established Shop as an 'intern'. We've hosted several newbies over the years. Hands on and real world training...

Good Luck.

Jim
        If it was easy, everybody'd be doing it!

www.jimmybuffit.com

Comment

Well seems like traveling is an issue, but I would really consider Attention to Detail in Boise, Idaho

I made that trip last week, went for the 5 days training and all I can say it was worth every penny and I live in the Caribbean!! so that is like a 8hrs flight with stops.

Great program, it's a private class so it's just you and Renny Doyle, no other students so the attention is all focused in you. Other than how to use the different ways in cleaning the exterior/interior he teaches you on how to have a business that works for you and not the other way around

I recommended 110%

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Buffit View Post
            Also, consider working in an established Shop as an 'intern'. We've hosted several newbies over the years. Hands on and real world training...

Good Luck.

Jim
            Great advice Jim

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
            Well seems like traveling is an issue, but I would really consider Attention to Detail in Boise, Idaho

I made that trip last week, went for the 5 days training and all I can say it was worth every penny and I live in the Caribbean!! so that is like a 8hrs flight with stops.

Great program, it's a private class so it's just you and Renny Doyle, no other students so the attention is all focused in you. Other than how to use the different ways in cleaning the exterior/interior he teaches you on how to have a business that works for you and not the other way around

I recommended 110%
            Congrats on doing what it takes to make the trip to Idaho and go through Renny's class.

Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I recommended 110%
              Wow thats quite a long and expensive trip to take but I'm sure it was well worth it like you said.

Goes to show that sometimes you have to pay the extra dollar to get more education!

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I recommended 110%
                Congrats on taking the class. I bet it was great.. It is great seeing some one take the bull by the horns, Going the extra mile to learn there craft. Way to go.
                quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                  Congrats on doing what it takes to make the trip to Idaho and go through Renny's class.

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
                  Wow thats quite a long and expensive trip to take but I'm sure it was well worth it like you said.

Goes to show that sometimes you have to pay the extra dollar to get more education!

Ryan
                  Originally posted by J. A. Michaels View Post
                  Congrats on taking the class. I bet it was great.. It is great seeing some one take the bull by the horns, Going the extra mile to learn there craft. Way to go.
                  Thanks guys
                  I'll do it again without thinking about it!

Comment

Awesome subject! Im actually signed up to attend Total Pros in a couple weeks for their 5 day training. Lee seems pretty cool. Im in Dallas, Tx and know it's time for a change. Truck driving just takes too much of my time. I will let you know the deal when I get back

Comment

Originally posted by MrSmoothTouch View Post
                      Awesome subject! Im actually signed up to attend Total Pros in a couple weeks for their 5 day training. Lee seems pretty cool. Im in Dallas, Tx and know it's time for a change. Truck driving just takes too much of my time. I will let you know the deal when I get back
                      If you're in Dallas, this offer by Nick Chapman is one you should really consider. I would wager you would learn much more than you will in that 5 day class.

Mike
                      Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Thanks for everyones feedback. I talked to Lee, the vice president of "The Total Pros" a couple weeks back. Seems like a great guy. If I do go I would only be doing the 2-day boot camp. What is also great is he said the 2-day price went down from $295 to only $97. It is far away but I could use a nice vacation. The facility is even close to the beach Im still debating though, probably won't be until the summer.

"Mrsmoothtouch" please let us know how it goes when you attend their class. Hope you have a good time.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by moparboy View Post
                          Thanks for everyones feedback. I talked to Lee, the vice president of "The Total Pros" a couple weeks back. Seems like a great guy. If I do go I would only be doing the 2-day boot camp. What is also great is he said the 2-day price went down from $295 to only $97. It is far away but I could use a nice vacation. The facility is even close to the beach Im still debating though, probably won't be until the summer.

"Mrsmoothtouch" please let us know how it goes when you attend their class. Hope you have a good time.

Thanks
                          No Problem Sir! Although I checked out Attention to Detail's website. Wow! Which one do I choose? This is a very important decision. I've talked to Renny previously. He's got a looooooooot of experience and it's one on one. I wonder if he's got an opening this month. If not than I will just go to TP. DIfficult decision. Lord Help me. Thx for the heads up Mikejl! Message sent to Nick!

Comment

Attention to Detail it is ladies and gents!

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');