• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beachcraft Baron 55 Canopy scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beachcraft Baron 55 Canopy scratches

I am looking for suggestons of who to remove svirls and and haze from the canopy of a Beachcraft Baron B55 plane. I have tried the M1708 Clear Plastic Cleaner applied by hand, but obtained little results. Is there some kind of rotary buffer application for the product? Would this be overkill?

Your input greatly appreciated!

Mike Phillips has a half polished canopy from a B-52 bomber in his office! I hope he can post pics and how to here!
    SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Do you know what the plastic is made from?

As in,

Is it plexiglas or Lexan?

If it's plexiglas, it's an easy fix. If it's Lexan, the plastic is so hard, that it is almost impossible to remove scratches and other defects by hand or machine.

If it's Plexiglas, you can use PlasticX by hand with a terry cloth towel, followed by #10 Plastic Polish.

By machine, I've removed scratches and buffed out so many plastic items in my life it's crazy! Helicopter windows, sky lights, (yep, climbed up on a roof and buffed out a sky light with my rotary buffer for a guy once), the plastic that covers gages in muscle cars, boat windshields, from the 1970's to the 1950's, watch faces, Corvette back windows, (old removable hard tops), original A.C. Cobra wing windows, Classic Thunderbird wing windows, truck canopy side windows, bank teller wall windows, etc.

With a rotary buffer, use #1 Medium Cut Cleaner with a W-8000 or W-8006 foam polishing pad, followed by #3 Machine Glaze with a new, clean, dedicated W-8000 or W-8006 foam polishing pad.

Be very careful, often times plane windows are very thin. You cannot buff in one area to long or you will heat the plastic up and warp it. (Don't ask me how I know).

Mike
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Are we going to get to see a picture or two of the B52 canapoy????
        Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
        08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
        98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
        82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');