• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Using customer's electricity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using customer's electricity?

I currently do a little bit of detailing on the side for fun and to make some extra money. So far I only concentrate on the exterior of vehicles but I definetely have been thinking about buying a vaccum sometime soon to start adding services for the interior as well. My question is do you think most people would mind if I used their electricity to vaccum out their car or should I look into another alternative (like a cordless vaccum)? I am having a hard time putting myself into my customer's shoes because I wouldn't ever have someone else detail my car, lol. If anyone else could share their experience on what customers think about this, that'd be great. Thanks.

Re: Using customer's electricity?

I wouldn't think they would mind. Bring your own extension cord. I figure it's better than a noisy generator running.
    Scott

Comment

Never, ever had an issue with doing this. Bring your own extension cords and clean up any mess you make or put anything you move back into it's place.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I am not a pro detailer but should someone ask could an explanation of 'by not purchasing a generator you are keeping costs down and passing the savings on to the customer'. I know I wouldn't care if they used my power.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

The customers I detail for let me drive there vehicle's to my place to clean them.

Comment

Thanks for the tips guys!! You have been a big help.

Cobalt2006, that must be pretty sweet to get to drive everyone's cars! Do you detail some pretty nice cars?

Comment

just use a portable gfi plug

Comment

Originally posted by buckshot333 View Post
                Thanks for the tips guys!! You have been a big help.

Cobalt2006, that must be pretty sweet to get to drive everyone's cars! Do you detail some pretty nice cars?
                I detailed alot of vehicles but I don't have all of the pictures of them. Here is some of the cars I did.

I detailed this Jeep.

This Chevy.

Ofcourse my girlfriends Pontiac.

This Acura.

My car that I traded for the Cobalt.

And the Chevy Cobalt.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');