• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Applying Hybrid Ceramic Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying Hybrid Ceramic Wax

I did a indepth clean on my 2017 ATS-V. I used Meguairs Wash/Wax car wash, powerwasher, and finished with a claybar to remove all roughness from the paint. I then applied the Hybrid Ceramic wax paste with a DA buffer. I used the buffer at a low speed soft foam pad for waxing(2) and applied one panel at a time. When I would complete 1 panel then I would buff off the previous panel with a microfiber towel.

The paint was very smooth. First time in the rain the water did bead up nicely but it didn't repel dirt and grime as well as expected. I washed the car yesterday and noticed that exhaust particules still sticked to the car, and after washing yesterday the paint feel as if it wasn't waxed or claybared just a few weeks ago.

Does this product need to be applied by hand for best results? How long should it last? Any other tips to get a good coating? Should I let it flash off for an entire day perhaps?

I applied by hand and have had great results, lasts a decent amount of time. I like the product myself. I have zero experience with machine applied so cannot say any difference. I always apply 2 coats and then have maintained with Hybrid Wash/wax and detailer or hybrid spray wax, so it is always beading just like fresh.

Comment

See this article by Nick Winn.
      It discusses applying a foundation layer by hand.
      How to use Meguiar's NEW Hybrid Ceramic Wax! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar's Online (meguiarsonline.com)

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');