• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Megs M-compounds how much cut - lineup?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megs M-compounds how much cut - lineup?!

Hi there, this has probably been asked before in here :-)

How should I understand this M line up regarding "how much cut" or how "coarse" they are !?

Am I right with this (left most cut ....)

M101(EU) M100 M110 M105 M205 M210 ?

I think they are all in the "detailer professional" line....

The compounds are all similar in cut with the exception of M101, which was said to cut more. I never used it though.

I've been through a lot of M100, and Ultimate Compound (reminds me a lot of D300 in cut).

My new favorite Megs Mirror Glaze line compound is M110. Again, similar cut to M105, and M100, but a LOT longer work time.

Comment

As said above, M101 stands out as the most aggressive Meguiar's compound.
      M100, M105, M110 seem to be in the same league of aggressiveness.
      Lower level of cut is offered by D300, D151, D166, M86 and Ultimate Compound.
      The method of application is crucial though: machine type (rotary, D/A forced rotation/long stroke/short stroke), buffing pad selection (wool, microfiber cutting, foam cutting), machine speed, size of working area, down pressure, number of passes.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');