• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rust

While detailing my car this weekend, I noticed a thin line of rust, maybe an inch, beneath the bottom of the rear license plate. I guess because the license plate sits on the metal, water would cumulate there.
    This line of rust is hardly visible unless someone kneels down to look at it horizontally. What is the best way to stop the rust from growing? I do not want to sand the area because I do not want to sand off the paint around the line.

You mention it is below the license plate.
    You may need to sand and paint or rust will spread.
    However, you may then be able to put a bulkier license plate frame around the license plate making the fix less noticeable.

Comment

Is there any way to slow down the spreading?
      Someone told me to apply WD40 or engine oil……..

Comment

Originally posted by mis3 View Post
        Is there any way to slow down the spreading?
        Someone told me to apply WD40 or engine oil……..
        a picture of the problem area might help determine what you can do.

Comment

If it is a fairly straight line, you can sand the rust out, then have a pinstripe artist put a design for you there in a contrasting color.

Comment

Picture attached.
            You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');