• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aluminum Rim Cleaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aluminum Rim Cleaning

I need a bit of help cleaning my aluminum rims on my Dodge Truck. What has happened is that I had a brake rotor go bad and a film has collected on the rim that I cannot get off. The rim must have gotten pretty hot. Soap and water will not cut the film off, and since the rim is clear coated, I am afraid to use a strong chemical to remove the grime. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
    On another note, this is my first post and this is a great site. Been using these products for years, and the information here is awesome.
    Thanks in advance for any help, and I apologize if this is not in the right forum.
    Thanks again,
    Kess
    2000 Cummins Turbo Diesel

Try a mild solvent type cleaner that might shift the grime, and you're right to be cautious and go up the 'abrasive' steps one at a time.

~Hope this helps~
    ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');