• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Removing dust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removing dust...

After a day of driving there will usually be a very thin layer of dust, if I use a MF and wipe it off will this cause scratches? I'v heard of the cali car duster. Which method is the best? How about watering the car down and then drying?

Just wondering......thanks in advance!
    1999 V6 Mustang

Turbo: www.tmaturbo.com

Tune: www.springfieldmotorsport.com

If you rub it they will come.

Scratches!

I have seen high end car buffs using a Ostrich Feather Dusters on there car before getting judged in competition. Boy do they ever so lightly let it touch the car.

I never used the California duster on the outside of the car and when my wife borrowed the duster and I never noticed her putting it on the hood buy the time I noticed, it left a oily spot that did not wipe off but did wash off. the last duster I bought smelled like it had been set next to a drum of 90 weight gear lube......stinkie

The only two that I'd consider are the Ostrich Feather Dusters (being better)or the Lambs wool. (being second best) both state that they will not scratch.

I did a search on " feather duster"

As of yet I have not found anything by Meguiar’s maybe someday soon we will.
    Rich
    If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
    DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

I use CCD everyday when I put my toy ( daily driver) away. Light strokes, it is a duster, not a polisher! No problems with swirls. They work best with a good coat of NXT every 30 days.

SRT-10 Silver

Comment

I have a black car and all the dust and pollen shows, i use a Cal duster and have never had a problem. I have had it for 4 yrs now and it still works great. Just let the weight of the duster do the work, don't press and rub and you'll be fine with it.

Comment

I just used my cal. duster and it didn't take off all the dust (grit) so I did a quick wipe with instant detailer (back to glassy smooth) before hitting it again with another coat of NXT.

I would recommend the duster for a daily dusting but the detailer before applying any treatment.

Comment

I detailed my Jeep for a whole two days and had one coat of nxt. I wanted to put a second coat on the next morning but was late for class. That night it was pretty dusty and I used Quick Detailer and a white mf towel that got real dirty. I took a fresh one and wiped it until I couldn't see any dirt. Was it ok to apply nxt after that? Or am I risking light scratches? I might invest in a CA Car duster.
            '87 Dante's Peak Off-Road GMC Suburban
            '01 Jeep Cherokee

Comment

I take it they carry these at autozone etc?
              1999 V6 Mustang

Turbo: www.tmaturbo.com

Tune: www.springfieldmotorsport.com

Comment

We wash a toyota weekly and detail it every 6 weeks. Light scratches were driving us crazy. We made sure we had clean wash mitts, clean chamois, etc.......

After searching the interior of this toyota, we found a cali duster under the seat!!!!!!

They do scratch. I have the pics to prove it and will post them soon.
                Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');