• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl White Maxima.....what #(s) wax to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl White Maxima.....what #(s) wax to use?

I've got a pearl white 95 nissan maxima, and have already purchased:
    Clear coat paste wax
    Scratch-x
    #26 hi-tech yellow

Should I have bought something else for a lighter-colored car? I'll be applying by hand

Hi Namirrem,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

All three of these products will work great for to bring out a high gloss, high shine finish.

You list one paint cleaner, (ScratchX), and two waxes, (Gold Class Paste and #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax), you actually only need one wax.

Both of these waxes will create a high gloss finish after going over your car's finish with the ScratchX.

You can try using one wax first and see how it looks and then the next time you wax, try the other wax to see how it looks. Because you car's finish is white, you really have to study the results to see a clear distinction, (no pun intended).

Because your car has a pearl paint job, I think you'll find both of these waxes will work really well because they both produce very clear results, which will enable your eyes to see the full peal-effect in the right light.

By the way, I'm doing a photo shoot for Vette Magazine on a black Corvette. I will probably be showing how to use the ScratchX for the paint cleaning process. If I do, I will take notes, and captures some pictures for Tutorial on using ScratchX by hand.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

another quick question....

forgive my ignorance, I'm a newbie.....since I purchased 2 waxes, can I apply #26 over the Gold class clear coat? Would it strip the initial coat, or would it provide any extra protection? Or, should I get a polish instead of using the GCCC, and just stick with the #26? I'm asking, because I finally found a retailer of Premium products in my area, and will be going to pick up some detailing clay this evening - I'd much rather make one trip. Thanks in advance for the help!

Comment

If you wanted to, you could apply the #26 over the Gold Class, some people like this look on darker colors, you probably won't notice too much difference on a 1995 Maxima with a Pearl white paint job.

If you can still return one, you might want to consider that option.

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');