• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Detailing advice needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Detailing advice needed!

I'm leaving on Friday for a car show that is a 3 to 5 hour drive away. The car is in relatively good shape right now, with a recent wash with only one drive on it. But I can't imagine what the car is going to look like after a 3 to 5 hour drive! What can I do to make my car look good once I get down there for the show? Any products suggested will have to be available through local stores (auto parts stores, Walmart, etc.). My time to prep before the show during the week is VERY limited; I'll only have Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday after work. Thank you!
    2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Re: Help! Detailing advice needed!

As we've discussed, UWWA (Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere). QW matching your wax (like Gold Class QW). California Duster. UB (Ultimate Black). Tire Foam or Extreme Shine product (AmourAll is my fav). Interior dressing(s). Clay bar just in case. Plenty of MF towels on hand. Avoid driving in the rain (hard to do in the South during Summer). Coat the front end with fresh UWWA or QW before you leave to help with clean-up when you get there. Clean-up with UWWA, especially for bugs, etc. Do not wait until you've parked in your show spot to douse your tires with dressings, because the inevitable overspray on the ground looks amateur (I once watched a dude empty an entire can of Xtreme Shine during the show, not that the puddles were the first tip-off his ride wasn't show-worthy).

So, pick your route and time very carefully, and pick your battles. You can't compete with someone who pulls a perfect show car out of a trailer 10 feet from their spot.
    Non-Garaged Daily Driver, DAMF System + M101, Carnauba Finish Enthusiast
    4-Step | Zen Detailing | Undercarriage | DAMF Upgrade |
    First Correction | Gallery

Comment

Re: Help! Detailing advice needed!

Sounds good!
      2014 Mustang GT 6-Speed Manual

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');