• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rookie Mistake: Used Meguiar's Chrome Cleaner on Polished Aluminum Wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie Mistake: Used Meguiar's Chrome Cleaner on Polished Aluminum Wheels

I used this product on my brand new American Force Shield's. I messed up. I had chrome wheels and didn't know it was a bad idea to use chrome wheel cleaner on aluminum wheels. I didn't even think that a wheel cleaner of any kind would damage a wheel. I bought the dynacone but don't have meguiars aluminum polish. I couldn't find it around my area and wanted to fix what i did asap. I also didn't have the dynacone until this evening. I used another brand aluminum polish and hand polished my wheels. Unfortunately my wheels are not fixed. They look better than they did but I can still see damage. They looked milky. They are polished now but i see the damage. I will try the dynacone and drill technique to see if i can fix this major mess up. Just trying to get more info out there so people don't mess up like i did. American Force Wheels are almost $3000. Im pretty upset with myself. Here is a pic of the truck(rims installed last week):

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');