• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White spot question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White spot question

Hi all new to the forum and to detailing
    I just washed and applied nxt 2.0 to
    My new gti
    When buffing out a rear panel I noticed a very tiny white spot
    Initially I thought it was a chip and tried dr colorchip
    I couldn't get any paint to stay and then though maybe it's not a chip
    I ran my fingernail over it and it didn't feel like a chip

I tried some clay. But I realize now I might need to do it longer

Any other ideas?
    Scratch x?

Thanks

Re: White spot question

Welcome to MOL.

Do you happen to have any photos so we can get an idea of what you are working with?
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Best I can do for now
      Discover topics like The More You Know, and the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like bguiliano.

White dot next to reflection of my leg

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
        Welcome to MOL.

Do you happen to have any photos so we can get an idea of what you are working with?

i was able to get a better picture..

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like bguiliano.

when i got home i tried some meguiars smooth clay for a few minutes...nothing
        even tried a very tiny bit of scratch x 2.0...nothing
        it really seems under the clear coat....does not feel like a chip at all..just strange they I've never noticed this before...its not my first hand washing of the car..
        anyways...i decided to quit while i was a head and re applied a little NXT 2.0 over the clayed area

is this some factory paint defect?

any suggestions would be great

thanks

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');