• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand New Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand New Car

So 2 weeks ago my parents brought home their very 1st brand new car! [congrats mom&pop] A Kia Sorento in pearl white. Total surprise, but hey I must admit I was impressed with the delivery of this car. It had just been washed & dressed by the dealer and managed to show up swirl free. It was so perfect I hadn't laid a hand on it till today. Lol.

But looking at it today it was dirty, and I wasn't about to let anyone lay a hand on this creampuff and wash it improperly.. I feel it's my duty to be in charge of maintaining this car and keeping it looking new for as long as possible. It began today..

1. Cool morning, in the shade.
    2. Rinse of course[soft shower setting on the nozzle]
    3. D111 Shampoo Plus bucket wash using a new Meguiars wash mitt.
    4. Washed rims with leftover suds and my dedicated mitt to clean wheels.
    5. Dried with water magnet. Dried windows with a separate large waffle weave.
    5. D156 on the headlights.
    6. Ultimate Black on all exterior trim.
    7. D4510 on windshield cowl.

So far the good news is it doesn't appear to have soft paint. It made it through the wash & dry swirl free!

Another interesting note: It passed the baggie test. This baby's ready for wax. [I'll wax it later this week]

I need is 1 of those fancy wheel brushes that reaches into the barrels..
    Any recommendations? Let me know

Re: Brand New Car

Sounds like that Kia is in very safe hands!

Comment

Looks good. As far as wheel brushes either a set of wheel woolies or the speed master brush will be all you need.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

Great looking Sorento! Can't go wrong with Pearl White. Agree, the speed master is a great brush. I just got one last month for my Venza and it has been great at getting the barrels clean.
        2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
        2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
        2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

Ok so after a bit of research I finally found a wheel brush I'm comfortable with in everyway. Here were the options:
          1. Speedy Master Brush - $50+

2. Wheel Whoolie - $50++

3. Wheel Moolie - $8

Umm, I think I'll go with the Moolie! And with all the Moolah I saved I was able to get a bunch of other goodies for the price of the 'whoolie'
          I got a Moolie, a gallon of D143, the bottle & sprayer to go with it, a gallon of D120, bottle & sprayer too, throw in a couple of secondary labels to match the handy Meguiars self cleaning dispensers. Now that's what I call value

Plus a Grit Guard. All this for the price of a set of 'whoolies' .... This was less actually! Lol.

Comment

Let us know how the moolie works out. I am for sure open to a cheaper solution next time. Didn't pay $50 but it was still too much for a brush. I found when I started looking at brushes, they are expensive.
            2017 Lexus RX 350 - Satin Cashmere Metallic
            2016 Honda Odyssey Touring - Crystal Black Pearl
            2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 - Royal Red Metallic

Comment

The moolie's sweet. The bristles are firm yet safe. And it rinsed off looking like new again. As for the rest of the procedure.. I'll explain in the other thread...

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');