• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about d114, waterless wash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about d114, waterless wash?

Quick question about d114
    I know the dilution ratio for it is 1:128 or 1:256
    for rinse less wash, but what is the ratio for waterless wash, still 1:128?

thanks!

Re: Question about d114, waterless wash?

Anyone?

Comment

Honestly, i mix it 1:128 in a jug then fill a spray bottle. I use like a QD. Works great with no streaking
      Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
      2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Comment

In the beginning, I also thought that a strong dilution maybe used as waterless.
        However, it has been mentioned that a strong dilution of D114 has the potential to remove wax.
        2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Originally posted by C8N View Post
          In the beginning, I also thought that a strong dilution maybe used as waterless.
          However, it has been mentioned that a strong dilution of D114 has the potential to remove wax.
          However that is like 1:10 or something like that. I was thinking along the lines of 1:32

Comment

Without getting too technical let me say this:

The Meguiars Product Development Team THOROUGHLY tests all recommendations on the packaging. These are optimal usage standards. They do all of these, particularly for the waterless products with paint safety at the forefront of thought.

That being said, if you are worried that the paint is too dirty for waterless, perform the swipe test. If you swipe your finger over a small section and it becomes clean then waterless is a viable option.

If the area swiped is still dirty, then a traditional wash is probably the better option to remove that built up dirt.

D114 is HIGHLY concentrated and is meant to make a lot of cleaning solution. So to get bang for your buck and to have high powered cleaning while maintaining lubricity for emulsifying and safely removing dirt go with 1:128.

Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
            OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
            2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');