• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I use 105 on a new black car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I use 105 on a new black car?

Hey Everybody This Is My First Post On Meguiars I Am A Novice And Could Use Some Help. I Have A New Black 2013 Dodge Charger It Came With Complimentary Light swirls And Some Buffer Trails On The hood FromThe Dealer. I Bought A DA But Since It Is A New Car Should I Use 105 Followed By 205 Or Just 205? Also is a Glaze Like #7 Necessary After I Polish With 205? Detailing Has Become A Major Hobby Of Mine And I Enjoy Keeping My Vehicle Looking Its Best. I Know About The Two Bucket Method And Claying But I Have Never Played With Polish. Any Help Would Be Much Appreciated Thanks.

Re: Should I use 105 on a new black car?

You would want to do a test spot/area with the #205.

Then if stronger was needed, look at the Ult. Compound.

No, #7 wouldn't be needed. Some people might enjoy doing it, but that is just up to them.

And then wax after.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I just did a new Charger the other day, not black but midnight blue I think was the name of the color. Really dark blue. #205 worked really well at removing light swirls. Definitely try that first, you will probably be happy with the result.
      Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
      Guard: And your name is...?
      Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

Thanks For The Help But Is UC Full Of Fillers Tho? And On That Note Is A Glaze Just Pretty Much Fillers?

Comment

Its so hard to say flying blind, so to speak.. we need more info .. can you provide a pictures of the overall condition?

And tell us how the surface feels when you run a produce baggie over it after a good wash?

these are a couple factors that would start giving indications to the overall condition of the paint
          Christopher Brown | OCDCarCare Los Angeles - Auto Detailing Services & Training Courses
          OCDCarCare.com | FACEBOOK| Detailing Article Archive | INSTAGRAM
          2013 Meguiar's/Ford SEMA Team, 2015 SEMA Car Crazy Corral

Comment

Just remember, LEAST aggressive method first. It is much easier to up (in terms of 'cut') than the other way around.

Don't let Ult Compound worry you. It is so close to 105 is almost doesn't count.

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');