• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LSP safe tire cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LSP safe tire cleaner

Greetings!

What are your recommendations for a good Meg's tire cleaner, where the accidental overspray won't damage my LSP?

Something available from the local retail store like Autozone, Pep Boys, O'Reily's and Wal-Mart.

Thanks in advance!

Re: LSP safe tire cleaner

Dont think there is one.

But the tire is a pretty big target to avoid the fenders.

You can wet things down first, to dilute any overspray, but then that risks some water spots.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yeah, it's tough to avoid overspray. Guess I'll have to stick with using leftover ONR solution. The tires are not filthy, so that should make cleaning easier.

Thanks for the reply!

Comment

I usually use APC and the foaming head sprayer... doesnt seem to overspray too badly. Although I hold it real close, and then use a brush for spreading/agitating.

Then car wash solution on the wheels.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Soap and water.
          What are cleanning?
          Tire dressing?
          If you use a waterbased TD you won't need to use an agressive cleaner.
          I use body solvent to remove that oily crudd on a new car I'm doing.
          Once there stripped and rid of that crudd I use Hyper dressing and then all is fine in the future.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');