• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratches on windshield from wipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scratches on windshield from wipers

I have a lot of streaks on my windshield (makes driving towards the sun rather scary at times). Scrubbing with newspapers wet with Windex didn't do anything to them; they are the patterns that are made by the windshield wipers themselves and so I'm thinking that they were made by the wipers, and are (semi) permanent--they don't look like scratches but they'd have to be, in order to stay on the windsheild.

Is there any product I can get that would get this out? I'd hate to have to get a new windshield if I didn't have to.

Re: Scratches on windshield from wipers

Most likely they are permanent. Cerium Oxide is the only product that will remove scratches from glass and should be done by a professional. Might be quicker and cheaper just to replace the windshield.
    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Re: Scratches on windshield from wipers

Originally posted by durgaprasadzone
      Thanks for sharing information. Actually I had also the same question in mind for a long time anyways you started this thread & I am so happy.

I have the same problem on my windshield.

Comment

Same here (:

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');