• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silver Car Owners!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Silver Car Owners!!!

Done right, silver can be both easy to maintain and look stunning.. the after pic does have a crisper, deeper and "blue-ish" tone to the paint. And the reflections are definitely a lot clearer! Nice, brilliant! maybe i it's about time i also posted some pics of my silver car, and hopefully it will be just as nicely done as most of the cars here.

Comment

I have silver as well, I find that the 5 step process works for me. Silver will always be silver, not much gloss or wet look to be had. The way I look at it is, if the 5 step process works on cars of color, the same process makes silver look it's best. Believe in the product used and the process. LOL
      BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

For my eyes, silver is silver. There is no depth or darkness to speak of, all I can do is to make it shine and reflective. In my experience of many Meguiars waxes, they all look the same on my car.

Now I opt for UW-Liquid because it lasts the longer. This also, does not matter to me too much because I wax every 3-4 weeks.

I really don't know what color I would get for my next car.

Comment

Maybe a black or dark colored one for your next carNo kidding, it would be nice to have one car that needs extra care, and just to break the monotony of taking care of silver that while easy to maintain is not as spectacular as a fully detailed black/dark colored car. For me, it does keep you concious about proper paint care.

Comment

Okay so I took the advice of a lot of different people and did the full detail to my car. I even went out and got a GG6 and for anybody who is on the fence about spending that $100 to $150 on a D/A let me tell you it is well worth the money. I will admit the D/A was intimidating at first especially since I came from an orbital but once I got the hang of it I was able to wax my Camry in about 15-20 minutes. I will try to post some pics tomorrow but let me give a brief description of what I did:

1. Good wash with GC
            2. Spot Clayed the rough parts around the fender's and bumpers (didn't really need much since I last clayed about three weeks ago)
            3. UC (2009 with slightly neglected paint)
            4. UP
            5. NXT 2.0 let dry for about 2 hours
            6. NXT 2.0 let dry for about 30 mins
            7. After removing all the wax the paint looked beautiful but I thought why not try some UQD to make it pop (hopefully not overkill)

Unfortunately for me though the car is not garage kept and we got a rain storm two days later (guess I should have checked the forecast). Any ways tell me what you think, any feedback would be great.

Comment

Number 7 wouldn't be necessary, but if if the NXT 2 has cured properly, UQD would be a good way to clean up any dust that may have been left while removing the wax. I would use it regularly to keep the car shiny in between waxes. But for me, item 7 is unnecessary. I would instead use UQW as a last step if i were to add another step after NXT 2.0, but 2 coats of NXT 2.0 or any wax for that matter is more than enough, any more than that would just be wasting product.

Many in the forum apply GOld Class carnauba plus, M26 hi-tech yellow wax or deep crystal carnauba over NXT 2 for even more depth, but being silver it may not be as noticeable as much as when applied on dark colors.

Comment

I have just bought a sliver 2007 Chrysler 300C. After reading these forums I went and bought some Meguiars product and went to work. Here's some photos showing the results, I was extremely pleased after hearing how hard it is to make silver glossy.

Comment

Job well done!!!!!!
                  BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Looks very shiny! It's hard to make silver shiny like that. Good job!
                    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Nice work briggsys!
                      Originally posted by Blueline
                      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

It seems to me like silver shines beautifully. Here are a couple pictures of my Silverstone 350Z......

Comment

Originally posted by Kornercarver View Post
                          It seems to me like silver shines beautifully. Here are a couple pictures of my Silverstone 350Z......

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...h_PC223304.jpg

Looks good!

Originally posted by Blueline
                          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Nice job on the 300C as well as the 350Z, you made your cars look real nice. Silver... Usually not the most spectacular color and has quite a neutral glow, easy to make it look good and quite easy to maintain.

Comment

I've also got a silver car. 05 Pontiac GP GTP. I just received my Dual Action Polisher today and decide to do a quick trial on my car. Now I always though I had a decent shine. It's been snowed and rained on recently, so I did just the passenger side of the hood only. A quick hood cleaning, then on passenger side only I clayed, 2 passes of Ultimate Polish and 1 coat of NXT Tech Wax 2.0.

Not a huge difference, but I believe there is enough to see from the drivers side slighty duller than the passenger side. Like I said it's my first time, and maybe the UP isn't the right product to try. Maybe try UC on the drivers side to see if it does any better? I also have scratch x in that paint cleaner category or SwirlX in the same category as the UP, cleaners/polish?

Clayed, 1 pass of Ultimate Polish on Passengers side of hood only, Drivers side wipe down only

Clayed, 2 passes of Ultimate Polish on Passengers side of hood only, Drivers side wipe down only

Clayed, 2 passes of Ultimate Polish, 1 pass of NXT Tech 2.0 Wax on Passengers side of hood only, Drivers side wipe down only, next 2 pictures

Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

So this morning I did the drivers side of hood. This time I used again clay bar, then changed to swirlX, then #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax to finish. Not a noticeable difference between the two. Still both produce great results. I'm thinking I'm going to go buy some used hoods from junk yards to practice on, probably black, red and silver/white. Should be able to get them for a decent enough price.
                                Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');