• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Abilities/Results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Meguiars Abilities/Results

I agree with ya Car Potential. I love the results I'm getting right now, but I think it's gonna be osmosis that wins over. The more I'm on these forums with you guys, the more I feel I'm apt to be saving a little money for the ol' DA!
    Why walk through life when you can strut.

--- Tobymac

Comment

Hey guys,

Since in the past I made a mistake of using A Terry Cloth applicator pad with my Ultimate Compound. It made holagrams and more swirls. This week I went online to autodetailingsolutions.com and bought several packs of the Meguiars SOFT FOAM Applicator pads, they were yellow. But when I got them and read the BOX it said:

for smooth application of lotions, gels, dressings and protectants------ideal for use on all leather, vinyl and rubber surfaces.

I was looking for something to use for UC and UP. I take it I bought the wrong kind.
      Why walk through life when you can strut.

--- Tobymac

Comment

Meguiars only makes two applicator pads. One white and one yellow. If you have the yellow foam pads you can use them for whatever product you want.
        Practice doesn't make perfect, the dedication to achieve perfection makes perfect. "Smack"
        2011 Jet Black 328i Touring
        2007 Jet Black 335i Sedan

Comment

I have the hi tech foam pads W0004(yellow) and not the soft pads X3070 (yellow) and im not really sure what the difference is. But you can use either pad with UC or UP. As long as its a Meguiars foam or MF pad you don't really have to worry.

Comment

Originally posted by summerstorm View Post
            I'm scared of the DA!
            Fear not Grasshopper! "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."

Yea, dropping a couple Benjamin's can be scary, but not the DA itself.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
              Meguiars only makes two applicator pads. One white and one yellow. If you have the yellow foam pads you can use them for whatever product you want.

If they are yellow foam and Meguiar's then you got the right ones.

I always wash mine out right away when I am done using it, with a little Dawn dish washing soap and hot water.
              Scott

Comment

Originally posted by smack View Post
                There's purple and black too, but only included in their boxed products.

Summerstorm, working by hand gives you an appreciation of your artwork. Using DA, takes out some of the work in the art.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                David

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');