• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to detailing. NEED HELP.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to detailing. NEED HELP.

I just bought some meguiars supplies and im going to detail my car soon. Im going to be doing the work by hand. Im only 17 so i certainly have the energy to do it by hand. I need to know a process that has been successful for you guys. What i bought was Meguiars Ultimate Polish, Meguiars #25 liquid yellow wax, Meguiars quick detailer and clay bars. This is what im currently thinking of doing with respect to the detailing process.

1. Wash car thoroughly with either gold class or a small amount of Dawn
    2. Clay bar the car with the quick detailer
    3. Wash car again with the same techniques as in step 1
    4. Use the ultimate polish
    5. Apply the #26
    6. check every little crack and crevice

Does that sound like a good process?

If anyone can please reply with the exact process they have been successful with it would be immensely appreciated. Also please list your preferred polishes, waxes, cloths, tools, anything!

By the way i have a black 2007 mustang which is very hard to keep clean.

Thanks
    Last edited by iAerials; May 11, 2012, 07:22 AM. Reason: Spelling

Re: New to detailing. NEED HELP.

1. Wash - No need for Dawn. Remember two buckets, good quality towels, mitts, etc/
    2. Clay - I usually break a bar in 1/3 or so. Shouldnt need to use them all or anything.
    3. Clean - Ult. Polish is a good mild cleaner and polish. Will certainly take care of any old wax, dirt. If you meed a stronger cleaner for any defects or not, you will just have to see. Can always use a stronger product next time, doesnt have to be perfect all at once.
    4. Wax - #26 Yellow Wax - Remember to apply a thin coat, then let dry before removing.
    5. Wax - 2 thin coats will be best.

6. Maintain - Ult. Quick Wax or Gold Class Spray Wax for after future washes.

I like to use the smooth foam applicator pads, like the Hi-Tec Pads, and then plenty of good MF towels for removing product.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: New to detailing. NEED HELP.

Thank you sir. Exactly the type of info i was looking for

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');