• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quik Detailer on warm car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quik Detailer on warm car

Summer has started, and now I am dealing with bugs and bird poop, like everyone else here. I read the back of the bottle of Quik Detailer and it recommends that the car be in the shade and cool. Question: is it better to use some Quik Detailer to remove bugs and bird poop as soon as possible to prevent damage rather than letting the car cool. Today I let the car sit in the garage for about 30 minutes after being in the sun all morning before I removed the poop, it was still warm to the touch. Will Quik Detailer cause damage if applied to a hot car, or will it just not look as good when wiped off? Thanks...

It doesn't cause damage.

It's just a pain in the butt to wipe off detail spray or spray wax without either streaking/smearing on hot surfaces. If you're just gonna concentrate on a small area such as bird poop then I'd do it in either the sun or shade. A super small area, from my experience at least, is simple to wipe clean regardless of temperature.

But by all means, save yourself the hassle and try to do it in the shade on a cooled surface
    Always searching for the best.... Keep it country!
    ---------
    SkiDoo Snowmobiles!

Comment

Re: Quik Detailer on warm car

Well, at worst, more damage from the bird poop...
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Well, at worst, more damage from the bird poop...
        ^^^^ what he said!

Murr i think its time for a new avatar lol
        Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
        Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
        Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

Almost football season.. unless the Pirates pull something off.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Use waterless wash

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Pirates that's funny!

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');