• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wanted: Dark Wet Look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purchase a dual action polisher to help keep your new investment looking INSANE for the next 20+ years. Since its a new car, check and see if it come with DISO aka dealer instilled swirl option. The best way to get a good look at it would be to wash and dry your car. Or use a waterless wash. Clay bar the car. Who knows what's on and in your paint from it sitting on the lot. Also!!! Claying is important!

If the paint isnt swirled to bad then I suggest using Ultimate Polish and take your time making sure to get it on and apply even pressure throughout. Follow this with nice wipe with a microfiber making sure the surface is nice and dust free. Then apply a nice THIN even coat of Ultimate Wax let sit on your paint for at least 20mins but I let mine sit for over a hour before I remove it. Slowly wipe the wax off with a clean microfiber towel. Every morning I inspect my truck for bird dropping and wipe off with some Ultimate Quick Detailer. Since you have a dark color car I would invest in some Last Touch detail spray to wipe off your car everyday. Sounds excessive but hence my name lol.

Comment

Re: Wanted: Dark Wet Look

If i had a lifetime supply of detail spray and weather permitting, I would apply it on a daily basis also... On dark paint, that's what i would do, Quick detail on a DAILY basis.. Rather than adding or putting in swirls to that pampered paint job. If that's what it takes to keep it looking good, it will make a difference as the car ages. Being a bit O.C. is good in keeping a car looking new for a long time.

Claying a new car is almost a rule, no one knows how long the car has been sitting on the lot and how much contaminants or dirt has been embedded into the paint. I doubt if the dealership will tell you the real story on how long the car has been sitting on the lot. Better for it to be clayed (immediately if possible) and cleaned/polished then waxed and maintained with a quick detailer/quik wax

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');