• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compatibility Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility Questions

I have recently started using the Ultimate Quik Detailer (UQD), daily, for removing very light dust from my black car. I am totally satisfied with this product. It removes the daily dust easily w/o any swirls, it gives the paint a deep shine and it repels water like magic.

My car has Diamond Gloss treatment by Ziebart. I assume that it is safe to apply UQD on this protective coat (that I believe consists of some sort of polymers). Am I correct in my assumption? BTW, is there any potential hazard in using the UQD so frequently?

I am also interested in the Ultimate Quik Wax but according to Ziebart, waxes are not supposed to be compatible with Diamond Gloss. Could it be that the UQW doesn't fall into the category of a conventional wax so that it is compatible with whatever the Diamond Gloss is? May I use it safely? If so, I want to try. Also, someone stated in another forum that waxes would not be effective unless they are in contact with the actual paint and that the layer of Diamond Gloss would prevent this contact. Is this correct in general and, in the case of UQW in particular?

I am sorry for asking Ziebart related questions but they are also Meguiar's related questions, aren't they? The problem is that I am too lazy for a proper detailing job every few months and that my car is already covered with Diamond Gloss. However, I liked the UQD a lot and I wonder if I can also use the UQW.

Would anyone please reply my noob questions? Thank you.
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');