• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0 Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0 Polish

Just wondering will Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0 Polish
    work better at removing swirl marks then Ultimate compound and SwirlX I have tired both the Ultimate compound and the Swirlx but no luck.

Re: Question about Meguiar's Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover 2.0 Polish

what are u applying it with?

machine,hand?

uc should work
    Don't get so caught up making a living that you forget to make a life.

Comment

M09 Swirl Remover 2.0 is a very light cleaner/polish. If UC is not removing the swirls then M09 surely won't remove them. It is a finishing polish.

How are you applying UC and Swirlx?
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

I am using a buffer

Comment

The M09 is very mild and will not do much for you.

Its general purpose is for finishing down on soft paint.

Good product that I have forgotten about for some time.
          Nick
          Tucker's Detailing Services
          815-954-0773
          2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

My wife owned a 99 Forrester and #9 worked fantastic on it......soft paint. One pass with the PC and it looked almost flawless!
            Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

Is swirl remover 2.0 a diminishing abrasive product? doesn't say on the bottle so I don't know if I have to keep working it in to break it down. As far as I know this product is leaving some light marring, m205 leaves a better finish not completely marr free but better than swirl remover, and it's supposed to be less agressive than m205.

Comment

Yes, #9 is diminishing abrasives, fairly mild really.

What are you working on where #9 or #205 arent leaving a good finish? How are you applying them?
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I'm working on my 07 ebony jaguar s type. I've applied both products by DA G110v2 using the finishing pad on speed 1-2 which lessened the marring as opposed to the polishing pad any speed higher than 2 leavs a lot of marring so i'm assuming that I have a soft paint type. I might try ultimate polish or show car glaze but would these help eliminate marring on soft paint?

Comment

Are you able to notice if an area looks ok, or the swirls look one way, and then after the machine pass the swirls seem different?

It is not just swirls that are not being removed?

Ult. Polish is milder than #205, but not drastically. I would be interested in ColorX as a possibility.
                    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I've gotten rid of swirls with no problem it's just the marring that I can't completely get rid of. I've tried ultimate polish and it lessened them just a tad more than M205 on speed 1 with the finishing pad, I'm almost there. I'll see how show car finish turns out next. If that don't do it I'll move on to color x.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');